Thursday, December 10, 2009

What ballet level would I be?

I've been taking jazz and gymnastics for EVER so I'm pretty good at dancing, if I say so myself. However, I have never taken ballet and would like to start except I don't know what level I should be in. I can do all the basics, plus triple pirouettes, fouttes, REALLY good leaps (all sorts) and I'm really flexible, but I don't know all of the proper ballet terms. I know that if the teacher were to show me I could do it but I wouldn't know what they would be called... What level would I be? I don't want to be stuck in Pre-Ballet with all the 5 Year olds!!!



What ballet level would I be?opera cd



Ballet is the foundation of all dancing. A lot of jazz stems from ballet, so you should have an easy time picking it up. Most studios have beginer ballet classes for older students, but you may be able to move right in to a more advanced ballet. I haven't seen you dance so I couldn't tell you what level ballet you would be in, that would also depend on the studio your in. I would ask the studio if you could take an evaluation class to help place you into the correct class, im sure that wouldn't be a problem. The only problem I could see you might having is the transition from jazz to ballet, I don't know how your school does it, but at my studio in jazz class we do pirrouettes in parallel and in ballet we do them turned out, but it will probably only be minor adjustments.



What ballet level would I be?opera singer opera theater



If i were you, i would check with my instructor. however, some dance studios offer older beginner classes that you may want to look into.
You sound pretty competent. I would think you're in an intermediate level. A lot of ballet terms are the same as jazz terms. Maybe you can try out a few classes to see which one fits you best.



Until then try to familiarize yourself with ballet terms.



http://www.abt.org/education/dictionary/...



I'd be happy to help you with any questions you may have. GOod Luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
computer security