Sunday, December 6, 2009

Average Ballet Height/Weight?

I want to start ballet. I'm 14 and 4' 11.75" and weigh 80-85 pounds. Am I too short/heavy for ballet? And what is the average height and weight for ballet?



Average Ballet Height/Weight?movie theatre



I was just about your height when I was 15. I also danced ballet. And I weighed more than you do. I have continued to dance for years.



You AREN'T "too" short or "too" heavy for ballet. Most ballet dancers are on the shorter side, and I would say it is a benefit for lifts and getting across the stage. You don't have to be tall to dance. That's nonsense. Don't think you can't be successful or you can only do this for a hobby. I find that a bit ridiculous.



You definitely aren't too heavy. Just from both the measurements, you sound like a thin girl that probably needs a little more muscle. When you start dancing, you will gain more and more muscle, which will result in more pounds. But that's not a bad thing! You need lots of muscle for ballet. Ballerinas actually weigh more than people think they do, because of all the muscle.



There really is no "average height" or "average weight" because everyone is different. Ballet dancers are tall and short, skinny and thick. It's the amount of muscle, your genes, and what you eat.



Just have a healthy diet and get regular exercise and stay positive about your looks. I hope you join ballet and become a fabulous dancer!



If you want some more information, please look at my answer for this question, it will be more specific including a height and weight chart. :)



http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;...



Average Ballet Height/Weight?playhouse opera theater



are you kidding me?



your wicked skinny I'm 5'3" and way 120



I look normal and it's normal for my age



it doesn't affect my dancing, infact, it makes me even beter!



I'm able to stretch beter with a little fat. girls who are really skinny are more likely to injury but girls that are too big are also. im in the middle



yeah your definitly NOT over weight
I've been dancing for 13 years. Right now, I'm 16, 5'8" tall, and I weigh 108 lbs. I've always been tiny. When I was 4'11", I only weighed 75 lbs. You will more than likely get taller, and as you grow the weight will follow. I grew 8 inches in one year, but I also gained around 30 lbs when i did this. I think you are perfect for ballet. The only places that will tell you to loose/gain weight are in major ballet companies. My advice is to go out, dance, eat what you want, and enjoy life.



Hope I helped.
you're fine. it doesnt matter about weight or height when you're dancing :) i have some friends who at 150 5'4 and dancing ballet. you're really skinny too so its all good :) you'll love ballet. as long as you're having fun it'll be fine and it doesnt matter about weight or height just dont become anorexic even if you do become a pro. good luck!! :)
yes ur way tooo short and heavy!!!!!!!!! and their is no way that you would every b able to start now!!!!



im a dance and im 5'7" and weight 100 lbs.!!!!!
you're tiny!! i'm 14, am 5' 6" and 108 lbs. (and a ballet dancer) dancers are generally tall-ish, pretty flat-chested, and thin and muscular. you'll probably grow more, but for now, it's fine to be small! and if you don't grow?? who cares?? if you're passionate, work really hard, and have a big personality, no one will notice your size!! good luck!! and keep dancing!! hoped that helped!!
you sertainly aren't too heavy. I don't really know what your body type is though. If you have a small torso and long legs, you might be able to go somewhere. but because you started at such a late age it will be really hard to fit in where you ae supposed to be in your training already. Also, you are a bit on the short side too, I think you mabye should consider something else, or only do ballet as a side hobby, but keep all options open.



Glad to help



Jenni
are you crazy you are tiny! thats defantly a good thing.im 12,



4'10.1/2" and i weigh 80lbs.you are the perfect size for either a gymnast, or a balletest.well i do belive this is some valid info.



here you are



age /11 12 13 14



height /4'8" 4'10" 4'11.1/2" 5'



weight./75lbs 80lbs 85-90lbs 90-95lbs



here you are i hope you can fitt in.!plz pick as best answer,it took lots of time to find this info

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
computer security