Sunday, December 6, 2009

How many ballet classes a week should i be doing to help me get into a ballet school?

such as the royal ballet/ english national ballet/rambert schools when i am 16.



should i be doing other types of dance too?



what are all the types of dance i should be doing and how often should i be doing them?



How many ballet classes a week should i be doing to help me get into a ballet school?headache



Cassie,



It would help to have more information...how old are you now, how many classes a week are you taking now, are you studying at a reputable school with professional or degreed teachers? I would be happy to help you if I had more information. I have danced professionally and have been teaching for many years.



How many ballet classes a week should i be doing to help me get into a ballet school?paramount theater opera theater



Do you have a specific school in mind? Sometimes they have requirements on their website. I'd say at least 2-4 classes a week but I'm not too sure
Hi, although I'm not a dancer I figure that I can quite easily answer this question for you. I am a martial artist and amatuer gymnast.



When it comes to how many classes a week should you be doing, I believe that you should do as much as possible. If you can do at least one per day plus strength training and practice in your own time. Like I tell people all the time when they ask me what the best exercises to do to punch better, if you want to get good at punching... punch... It would be the same with anything including ballet.



Also doing other forms of dance would help you to increase your range to draw from and to help you to stop from getting bored in training the same things over and over again, but just remember that they are not your focus and don't let them take up too much time or your ballet may suffer instead of being improved.



So if you want it and you want it bad, work as hard as you can on it, if you want it bad enough and practice hard enough you can have it.
if you are already dancing and wish to continue into a more advanced level, then you should already know this answer. if not, then you won't make it. 5-6 classes per week.
A minimum of 5 90 minute ballet classes/week plus 2 1hour pointe classes - MORE IS BETTER. You might consider a Jazz or Modern class just for something different. You should know this by now....ask your teachers. You are aiming VERY high for dance education. Make sure you have the talent, motivation and training from the very best dance studio in your area, and prepare for disappointment. Eat a balanced diet, stay injury free. Competition for school slots and ballarina jobs is murderous.
do as much classes as you can and also different types of dance ; it would be great if you could dance for at least 4-5 hours a day (classical ballet every day!)
you should probally be doing at least 14 hrs. and you should do ballet and pointe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
computer security